Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Should I wear waterproof eye liner on wedding day?

I plan on wearing waterproof mascara and I'm afraid that my favorite eyeliner will get smudgey if I shed a few tears. I really love the MAC smolder eye pencil and I'm not sure if they make a waterproof version. Also I plan on doing my own makeup, any suggestions on what to use to make sure it holds up on wedding day?Should I wear waterproof eye liner on wedding day?
Definitely definitely definitely use as much waterproof make up as possible! I don't know if MAC makes your favorite colour in waterproof but perhaps you can find a comparable shade in a waterproof liner. I'm not married but I know that if I wouldn't have worn eyeliner to my best friend or my sister's wedding (in which I was MoH for both) I would have been a wreck for pictures - Weddings always make me cry.





I would definitely make sure you use a primer, I use Rimmel's and it's only like $6 a bottle, I find it works just as well as any expensive brand. I also think that translucent powder is your friend in any situation. Powder will really help keep everything in place.





Don't use a cream eyeshadow if you can help it, pretty much no matter what you do a cream eyeshadow will gather in your crease with the dreaded eyeshadow line.





In your emergency bag carry an eyelash curler it's an instant eye pick me up and your blush and blush brush so you can touch up and look fresh faced all day.





I also recommend toying with a bunch of looks for your big day and getting friends to take pictures in different lighting to make sure the look is the right one.





Congratulations.





EDIT: It's easiest to apply false eyelashes in two parts, I cut them in half and apply the half closest to your nose and then the second half to cover the other half. It helps it stay in place better and you don't have to be as worried about getting the whole thing right in one go.





The glue on the false eyelashes can be pretty durable, just read the package for one that requires soap and water to dissolve.Should I wear waterproof eye liner on wedding day?
You should definitely wear waterproof eyeliner, so if you're concerned about it smudging or fading, try Fluidline or the Liquid Liners. But if you have your heart set on using a pencil, you might want to try another brand. Not that there's anything wrong with MAC, but I've found some really impressive eyeliners from Urban Decay and Makeup Forever if you're willing to try something new. Good luck!
definitely use waterproof everything on your eyes. and set it with a shadow of the same color to ensure it stays on. mac power point is rich and supposed to be waterproof and can be used in the waterline.





i suggest you definitely use primer on your wedding day and set your makeup well. if you're familiar with fix+ i def think you should use it.
yes for sure


it looks a lot better than regular ones


prevent smudges from tears of course


don't have to keep reapplying
yesss! especially if you're gonnna shed a few tears.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
skin lesions